Who we are
We’re The Beck Group, the largest and most innovative integrated building firm in the country. We are focused on delivering design and construction excellence on a broad range of project types. Headquartered in the Arts District in Dallas, with offices in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Denver, Fort Worth, Mexico City, and Tampa, we believe a better process and outcome results from working together. At Beck, you will find yourself surrounded by passionate colleagues who have a collaborative mindset and care about each other. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest within our industry, and that’s why we are seeking an experienced Assistant Project Manager like you to help transform the industry and continue building Beck’s respected reputation.
What you bring to the table
Beck is looking for a qualified Assistant Project Manager to join an extraordinary project team in Tampa, Florida. While this is an individual role, you will be involved in many facets of construction with the ability to evolve our existing operations. As the Assistant Project Manager, you will support the team leader on project management duties and responsibilities including pre-construction, procurement, contract administration and closeout, identifying and mitigating risk, and project financial setup and maintenance.
The job involves the following essential functions:
- Identify customer’s needs and understand their culture
- Assist field personnel in verifying that construction is in accordance with the Contract Documents
- Process and ensure compliance of subcontracts, purchase orders, and change orders in a timely and accurate manner
- Communicate effectively and continuously with design team to ensure coordination is maintained
- Understand what constitutes a breach of contract and the steps involved to enforce
- Identify and lead cost savings efforts through value engineering or assembly of accurate general conditions estimates
- Establish relationships with Subcontractors, Vendors, Developers, and outside consultants to market Beck
- Identify and solicit work from qualified subcontractors/vendors
- Understand and implement Beck Health & Safety plan
- Develop accurate project schedules with Superintendent input, provide monthly schedule updates, and assist Superintendent with weekly look ahead schedules utilizing company software
- Effectively supervise and mentor Senior Project Engineers, Project Engineers and Interns
Who we think will be a great fit
A person with the willingness to learn and be mentored under talented Project Management and Field Supervision staff while also developing and supervising their team and having a thorough understanding of building construction, excellent time management skills, a passion to get things done, and possess uncompromising authenticity and integrity. An individual with an interest in the integrated project delivery method and an interest in being innovative in process improvement and technology will be an ideal candidate for this position.
You also meet the following requirements:
- 5-8 years of relevant construction project or preconstruction experience, managing 5 million+ in scope
- College graduate with relevant degree
- Experience using Excel, Synchro, Procore, Bluebeam, CMiC, and Revit or comparable construction technologies is a plus
Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment; occasionally ascends/descends ladders and stairs; constantly works in outdoor weather conditions; frequently moves equipment up to 50Ibs to various locations on site; constantly communicates with subcontractors, vendors, and other members of project team; constantly moving around job site; ability to adhere to consistent and timely attendance.
Join our team and build your future with Beck.
The Beck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To apply for this job please visit beckgroup.applicantpro.com.