As a Senior Data/SysAdmin/DevOps Engineer for Presence, you will be responsible for improving the security, speed, reliability, scalability, and efficiency of our software, and assisting the team with product development.
What We’re Made Of
At Presence, we like to live on the cutting edge. Our client apps utilize the latest Microsoft Azure technologies and are built on top of the .NET Core 2 framework and AngularJS, utilizing multiple data stores on the backend. We value our scrumban agile methodologies, love regular releases, and learning/teaching new skills.
What You’re Made Of
- A passion for solving difficult and novel problems
- A desire to work with the newest technologies and APIs
- Attention to small details, often noticing things others don’t
- Pride (and joy) in keeping it simple
- Analytical skills and the desire to learn independently or with limited guidance
- An open mind and a love for trying new things and generating new ideas
- An understanding of the principles of architectural design
- Extreme affinity for organization, processes, and helpful tools (Git, Slack, Kanban)
- Self-management of your priorities
- Growth-oriented (passionate about joining a startup team)
- Team-oriented (collaboration, communication)
- SQL: extensive experience writing and executing quality stored procedures, functions, and complex T-SQL queries
- SQL: well-versed with jobs, views, indexes, query performance tuning, transactions, etc.
- Experience with monitoring and tuning very large data sets
- Expertise and deep experience with all aspects of application development on the MS Azure platform
- NoSQL experience (Azure Cosmos preferred)
- Data warehousing & analysis experience
- Deep knowledge of data security and threat monitoring/detection
- DevOps knowledge and experience with automating complicated release/build processes.
- Expertise using git
- Proficient with PowerShell
- Machine learning experience
- Experience with modern encryption techniques
- Experience using VSTS
We love shipping, iterating, and learning. If you do too, you’re a perfect fit.
Along with your application, please also send:
- How you think your skills and values will fit what we need (Not just a resume)
- Links to social media, online hacker community profiles (github, HN, stackoverflow, etc..), and/or your website
Starting salary $90,000+, plus company benefits.
To apply for this job please visit www.presence.io.