Have experience buying ads on social media platforms and want to manage seven figure, paid media budgets? Enjoy staying on top of trends in the social media and digital media industry? Want to be at the forefront of audience growth for an innovative, fast-growing startup? Have a knack for seeing trends in data but really want to exercise those creative muscles? Then we’re excited to speak to you!
The Penny Hoarder is looking for a Senior Media Buyer, Paid Social to create and manage ads for a variety of social media platforms, primarily Facebook. This is a senior position, so you should bring experience, as well as an appetite to learn and acquire knowledge across social platforms from some of the best in the business. You will learn what it takes to scale a campaign while maintaining a positive ROI.
In this position, you’ll…
- Work to drive customer acquisition and engagement through advertising channels by planning, creating, evaluating and refining paid social campaigns that efficiently drive new and existing customer revenue
- Oversee paid social channel’s day-to-day trafficking, QA, test execution, optimizations, troubleshooting, targeting, producing ad copy and creative
- Build and manage media purchasing budget upwards of $1M and spend to maximize ROAS, profit targets and monthly budget forecasting
- Identify challenges and opportunities facing media campaigns and strategically review new channels/vendors to increase ROAS and scale goals
- Build relationships with key publishers and marketing technology partners such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc
- Provide industry/market intelligence to further educate the team that may impact media plans
- Produce creative social media ads and use A/B testing methodologies to optimize headlines, teasers, images, bids and target audiences
- Source stock images and work with our visual editor to imagine custom images to enhance Facebook ads
- Maintain quality control to ensure all content is on-brand, error-free and consistent in style
- Help shape our Social Media audience strategy and develop custom audiences to meet company goals
- Report on performance indicators and synthesize results into insights, communicating them upstream to management
We’re looking for someone with…
- 5 years digital media buying experience (specifically with retargeting and paid social media advertising) working in online media, media agency or e-commerce industry
- A proven track record of achieving high ROI of campaigns
- A background and demonstrated experience in consistently exceeding target goals for strategic media purchasing across multiple channels, with an emphasis on Facebook
- Ability to drive media purchasing by building and managing successful teams as well as optimizing paid campaigns across multiple platforms
- Excellent grasp of current digital media concepts, strategy and best practices and deep understanding of emerging competitor & industry trends
- Ability to effectively manage a spending budget and project future spends based on YOY analysis
- Strong business judgement and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and execute the highest impact initiatives
- Strong quantitative skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and present recommendations at the executive level
- A comprehensive understanding of current social media platforms (pixel placement, targeting, custom audiences, optimizations, advanced bidding techniques)A creative eye and voice to leverage in ad communications across buying platforms
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm to bring to the office. Someone who asks questions and is a constant always-on learner
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong proofreading skills
The Penny Hoarder
Founded in 2010, The Penny Hoarder is one of the largest personal finance websites in the United States, averaging 12 to 17 million monthly readers.
In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked The Penny Hoarder as the No. 1 fastest-growing private media company for the second consecutive year, and 25th fastest-growing private company on their Inc. 5000 list. In addition, The Penny Hoarder ranked No. 2 on Entrepreneur’s list of small-sized companies with the best cultures.
Our content includes interesting ways for readers to make, save and manage their money and has been featured by media outlets such as Fox News, CNBC, Oprah.com, Yahoo.com and Forbes.
We are a bootstrapped and profitable company, which gives us the freedom to determine our own path forward. It also allows us to provide competitive salaries and benefits to all our employees.
Perks of joining us include: working out of our beautiful office in sunny St. Petersburg, Florida; healthcare coverage for you and your family; option to work from home one day a week; retirement plan with match; unlimited sick time; generous vacation policy; cell phone and laptop reimbursement; annual learning budget to help you improve your skills and grow your network. In 2017, The Penny Hoarder ranked No. 2 on Entrepreneur’s list of small-sized companies with the best cultures.
If you found this job on Indeed or another website, please navigate to our website to apply, so you can answer our application questions. You can read more about what it’s like to work with us at http://thepennyhoarder.com/careers.
To apply for this job please visit thepennyhoarder.com.