Do you enjoy solving bugs, coming up with new and better ways to code web applications or simply get excited about better site performance and stability? If so, then we want to hear from you! We are a fast growing digital media company looking for a Sr. Web Developer to join our team.
Our ideal candidate has a keen understanding of WordPress and is passionate about good development and best practices. Here at The Penny Hoarder we encourage and value input and suggestions from our employees (which is part of the reason for our fast growth!) so we want someone who can go above and beyond to help shape our web and development strategies.
In this position, you’ll…
- Develop and implement core software components
- Contribute and/or lead technical solutions and requirements definitions
- Troubleshoot and resolve cross-platform/browser issues, performance optimization, and other aspects of managing cloud web server platforms
- Solve problems by contributing to analysis and development of technical solutions
- Integrate third-party platforms into our technology stack via API development and other methods while adhering to best practices
- Interface with other teams to discuss and incorporate new innovations
- Contribute and/or lead development on multiple projects in an agile environment
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases, mySQL
- Strong experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, Shell, or Python
- Proficient knowledge of version control software such as Git
- Experience with cloud-based architecture and technology (in particular AWS)
- Ability to lead discussions with other teams, technical support, and vendors to ensure the smooth operation of systems and project delivery
- Understanding of how to provide end-to-end effort estimate for complete projects
- Adept understanding of how to connect with third party API services
We’ll see it as a bonus if you have…
- Proficiency in the Git flow methodology
- Published your own themes or plugins to WordPress.org
- Knowledge of netsec best practices
- Experience in any of the following: Docker, OAuth, AWS (EC2, ELBs/ALBs, RDS, Redshift, Route53, VPC, Lambda,
- Cloudwatch, S3, EFS) Cloudflare, Google (Analytics, Tag Manager, Optimize, Search Console)
- Working knowledge of Node.js
- Experience with mobile developmen
About The Penny Hoarder
Founded in 2010, The Penny Hoarder is one of the largest personal finance websites in the United States, averaging 12 to 17 million monthly readers.
In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked The Penny Hoarder as the No. 1 fastest-growing private media company for the second consecutive year, and 25th fastest-growing private company on their Inc. 5000 list. In addition, The Penny Hoarder ranked No. 2 on Entrepreneur’s list of small-sized companies with the best cultures.
Our content includes interesting ways for readers to make, save and manage their money and has been featured by media outlets such as Fox News, CNBC, Oprah.com, Yahoo.com and Forbes.
We are a bootstrapped and profitable company, which gives us the freedom to determine our own path forward. It also allows us to provide competitive salaries and benefits to all our employees.
Perks of joining us include: working out of our beautiful office in sunny St. Petersburg, Florida; healthcare coverage for you and your family; option to work from home one day a week; retirement plan with match; unlimited sick time; generous vacation policy; cell phone and laptop reimbursement; annual learning budget to help you improve your skills and grow your network. In 2017, The Penny Hoarder ranked No. 2 on Entrepreneur’s list of small-sized companies with the best cultures.
If you found this job on Indeed or another website, please navigate to our website to apply, so you can answer our application questions. You can read more about what it’s like to work with us at http://thepennyhoarder.com/careers.
To apply for this job please visit thepennyhoarder.com.